After you’ve logged in to Cartographer you will arrive at a page called Home. This is the centre of a workspace that your company or charity uses to collect and manage all of its monitoring data:
Your home page contains quick links to access the surveys and maps in your workspace. It also contains a button to let you quickly add a new survey in one click. However, the left-hand sidebar is your main tool for getting around.
The left-hand sidebar is present on every page in the workspace and provides your primary way of navigating the site. You can click the burger icon in the top left to toggle the sidebar on and off:
The sidebar sometimes starts off hidden to save space on smaller screens. You may need to click the burger icon to make it visible:
The contents of the sidebar will vary from workspace to workspace. Here are a few common items to expect:
- Your name — Use this item to change your email address, password, or screen name.
- Home — Use this item here to return to your Home page.
- Surveys — These items represent datasets being collected in your workspace. Click an item to contribute new surveys and browse surveys gathered by other users.
- Maps — Cartographer collects your workspace’s survey data to create maps showing different monitoring outcomes. Click an item to view one of the maps and its associated data and photographs.
- Users — These items only appear if you are a workspace administrator. Click here to manage user accounts and invite new users.
- Account — Use these items to access your the personal deatils on your account view this user guide, or contact our support team.
- Log out — This will log you out and return you to the Cartographer web site.