After you’ve logged in to Cartographer you will arrive at a page called Home. This is the centre of a workspace that your company or charity uses to collect and manage all of its monitoring data:
Your home page contains quick links to access the surveys and maps in your workspace. It also contains a button to let you quickly add a new survey in one click. However, the left-hand sidebar is your main tool for getting around.
The left-hand sidebar is present on every page in the workspace and provides your primary way of navigating the site. You can click the burger icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left to toggle the sidebar on and off:
The sidebar sometimes starts off hidden to save space on smaller screens. You may need to click the burger icon to make it visible:
The contents of the sidebar will vary from workspace to workspace. Here are a few common items to expect:
- Workspace Name — The name of the current workspace, with its logo just to the left. Click here at any time to return to the workspace home page.
- Workspace Switcher — If you are a member of multiple workspaces, their logos will appear here. Hover over a logo to see the corresponding workspace name, and click the logo to switch to that workspace.
- User Menu — Click this icon to open a menu containing options to do with your account: log out, edit your personal profile, access the Cartographer help site, and more.
- My Projects — The projects in the current workspace that you’re actively involved in in the current workspace. See below for more information about these sections.
- Other Projects — Other projects in the current workspace that you have read-only access to but aren’t not actively involved with.
- Workspace Admin (not pictured) - If you’re a workspace administrator, extra options appear at the bottom of the menu allowing you to configure settings and invite new members.